1. Blanch the potatoes in 275℉ oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain over paper towels and freeze in an even layer, trying not to stick the potatoes together.
1. In a small bowl, combine jalapeno powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, Old Bay Seasoning and malt vinegar powder.
2. Transfer ingredients to a shaker and reserve for finished fries.
1. In another small bowl combine sour cream, Old Bay Seasoning, malt vinegar and mustard with a whisk.
2. Season with more salt and pepper.
3. Turn oil temperature to 350℉ and fry steak fries until crispy and golden brown.
4. In a large bowl toss the fries, sprinkling the seasoning to evenly coat them.
5. Serve with the creole mustard on the side.
Tip: Jalapeno Powder and Malt Vinegar Powder are available in online specialty stores. Store spice blend in a tightly covered jar in a cool, dark place.