1. Preheat the oven to 400℉ and roast the corn for 20 minutes. Combine 113g or corn and 237ml of chicken stock, pulse this in blender and set aside for final plating.
2. Bring the rest of the chicken stock to a simmer over a medium heat. Heat a saute pan over a medium to high heat and render the bacon or pancetta until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside as a garnish.
3. Add the oil and mushrooms to the pan, saute for 5 minutes and set aside. In the same pan add the onions and saute until translucent. Add thyme and rice and stir for 3 minutes. Next add wine until absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add 237ml of the hot chicken stock. Simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, stirring often. Continue adding chicken stock, 120ml at a time, until the rice is tender but still slightly firm in the centre. Mix the remaining corn, mushrooms, chives and spinach into the risotto. add butter and parmesan cheese to finish the risotto.
4. For the scallops preheat a saucepan. Sprinkle the scallops with Old Bay Seasoning and toss to cover evenly. Saute in olive oil over medium to high heat for 5-7 minutes or until the scallops are just cooked through.
5. To plate, spoon the risotto into a bowl. It should be loose enough to jiggle like jelly in the middle. If not add more liquid. Once the risotto is of proper consistency, top with pancetta and scallops. Serve immediately.