1. Heat saute pan with 0.5 tsp oil. Add chicken and season with Old Bay Seasoning. Cook until chicken is fully cooked. Cool chicken to 40℉. Mix crab with cooled chicken, cilantro, mint, carrots and cabbage. Gently fold in mayonnaise and green onion.
2. Put one spring roll wrapper on work surface, keeping the remaining wrappers covered with a damp towel. Spread 2 tbsp of the filling on the long side, leaving a two inch border on each end. Brush the edges with some of the egg wash. Fold the corners of the long side over the filling and roll away from you. Roll up the filling in the wrapper, sealing the roll. Make the remaining rolls in the same manner, transferring them as they are ready to a parchment lined sheet tray.
3. In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375℉ and fry spring rolls in batches, turning them for 2-3 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160℉. Transfer cooked rolls to a rack.
4. In a small mixing bowl stir together sugar and vinegar until the sugar is dissolved. Add in shallots, jalapeno and diced tomatoes. Emulsify in the oil whisking as you pour the oil.
5. Cut spring rolls on the diagonal. Place 4 pieces on each plate. Garnish with choice of cilantro, lime wedge or sliced carrots and cabbage. Put 2 tablespoons of roasted tomato dipping sauce in a ramekin.