1. Preheat oven to 200℃.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once butter is melted, add shredded cheese a little bit at a time, gently whisking until all cheese is melted.
3. Slowly add flour until a thick roux is developed.
4. Slowly whisk in chicken stock and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer, whisking continuously to ensure the sauce doesn't burn or separate.
5. Add granulated garlic and season to taste with salt. (When it tastes salty enough, add more, you'll need to compensate for the lack of salt in the pasta).
6. Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
7. Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Once pasta is strained, place into a 13x9 baking dish.
8. Mix the lump crab meat with the pasta, and add the desired amount of cheese sauce.
9. Mix together Old Bay Seasoning, saltine crackers and Romano cheese. Generously cover macaroni with Old Bay Seasoning.
10. Place in oven uncovered and remove once the top becomes golden brown.